SOP – Do’s and Don’ts in Front Office
SOP Number: FO-03 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Front Office – General
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
1) Establish Eye contact while speaking to guest.
2) Greet everybody you meet and see, with a smile.
3) Address guests and team mates by name at all possible opportunity.
4) When guest ask for direction always guide the way.
5) Never tell a guest that you are tired, working long hours or want go home.
6) Maintain your work area -keep it clean.
7) Pick up any debris.
8) Do a follow up on anything you do for a guest by contacting them personally.
9) Listen to guest complaints / requests carefully if required pen down the details but never contradict or interrupt.
10) Never discriminate against any people, regardless of nationality, race, religion, color, sex or appearance, Give equal treatment for all.
11) Do NOT insult the guest.
12) Do NOT make promises that exceed your authority.
13) Don't Argue with the guest.
14) Always stay calm.
15) Avoid responding with hostility and defensiveness.
16) Don't promise the impossible, instead offer alternate choice.
17) Do report incidents on Log book or to superiors this will help to do any service recovery if needed.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Why it is required to address guest and team mates by name?
Q2. What will you do if you find debris on the lobby?
Q3. What will you do when a guest complaints?
Q4. Should we treat guest according to their nationality / race?
Q5. Why it is required to report incidents on log book?
- Checklist for selecting Online Booking System for Hotels
- Types of keys used in hotels for effective security
- Worldwide Hoteliers Forum - Rules and Regulations
- Types of Reports used in hotels
- Sample Standard Telephone welcome greetings used in Hotels
- Guest Services - Christmas and New Year Greetings for guests
- Choose Beds and Bed sizes - Hotels | Resorts | B&B | Lodge
- Banquet - Banquet Supervisor Job Description
Join us - Setupmyhotel.com
- food coasting
- You can use the below formula to calculate your...
- New Banquet Facility - Convention Centre
- That's great. What is your forecast food cost?
- Sample SPA Menu
- Checkout the attached SPA and saloon menu
- Night Audit process Opera
- Check out Night Audit / End of day process in...
- how to increase my hotel marketing And booking rat...
- Hi There..Check out this article which explains...
- Can I get SOP for F&B , front office for 5* hotels...
- Service Charge Calculation
- Can you please explain your exact requirement ?
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- I think the guest to return to a hotel. 1. good...