SOP - REPORTING ON DUTY / GROOMING & HYGIENE
FO-01 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Front Office - General
DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
I expect a high level of personal grooming and hygiene from all employees. I pay high room rates and I expect there to be high standards of grooming and hygiene which complement the facilities of the hotel.
Time to Train:
Estimated time for training
1) Report on Duty :
- Present yourself in a tidy appearance toward our customer and represent highest standards of service.
- Report on duty 5 – 10 minutes before your shift starts.
2) Staff grooming & hygiene:
- Brush your hair before going on duty.
- Ensure that shoes are clean and polished before going on duty.
- Females must wear appropriate stockings with black court shoes where heels do not exceed two inches.
- Males must wear black socks and shoes.
- Change your uniform regularly at Housekeeping Linen Room.
- Clean pressed uniforms must be worn with neatly brushed hair, polished shoes, clean name badge and no buttons missing.
- Contact Housekeeping Uniform Linen Room if buttons are missing.
- Contact HR Department if your name badge is damaged or lost.
- Change your socks/stockings daily.
- Ensure nails are well-trimmed, only clear or pale nail polish for female staff
- Only one ring and watch is permitted, small earrings for female staff.
- Take a bath daily.
- Brush your teeth daily and always wear a smile. Use breath freshener if necessary.
- Teeth should be clean and the breath must be fresh. This can be achieved by cleaning the teeth regularly and visiting the dentist for check-ups on a regular basis.
- Deodorant/eau de toilette cologne/aftershave may be used but not so much that it is offensive.
- Earrings, beards and moustaches are forbidden for male staff.
- Light cosmetics with colors that complement the uniform and skin tones may be worn. Lipstick of a suitable color must be worn at all times.
- If make-up is worn it should be light and natural-looking. Avoid vivid colors, like bright blues or violets around the eyes, and make sure the blusher does not look too dramatic. Bright lipstick colors should also be avoided.
- Be aware of your posture. Walk briskly with a straight back and do not lean on walls.
- Never run in the lobby.
- Check your appearance in a mirror in the locker rooms before going on duty.
- Female hair length beyond the shoulder must be neatly tied/ bundled.
- Men must have short well-combed hair which doesn’t extend below the collar or over the ears.
- Avoid excessive use of hairsprays and gels, as they can make the hair look stiff and unnatural.
- Do not use unnatural hair-colors e.g. green, blue, unnatural blond etc.
Training Summary questions:
1. Why do I have to report on duty 5 to 10 minutes earlier?
2. Why is grooming and hygiene important for myself, the hotel and our guests?
3. Why do I have to take bath daily and brush my teeth twice a day?
4. How regular do we have to change our uniform?
5. What do I have to do if I have missing buttons on my Uniform?
>> View All Front Office SOP'S