SOP - REPORTING ON DUTY / GROOMING & HYGIENE
Present yourself in a tidy appearance toward our customer and represent highest standards of service.
Report on duty 5 – 10 minutes before your shift starts.
Brush your hair before going on duty.
Ensure that shoes are clean and polished before going on duty.
Females must wear appropriate stockings with black court shoes where heels do not exceed two inches.
Males must wear black socks and shoes.
Change your uniform regularly at Housekeeping Linen Room.
Clean pressed uniforms must be worn with neatly brushed hair, polished shoes, clean name badge and no buttons missing.
Contact Housekeeping Uniform Linen Room if buttons are missing.
Contact HR Department if your name badge is damaged or lost.
Change your socks/stockings daily.
Ensure nails are well-trimmed, only clear or pale nail polish for female staff
Only one ring and watch is permitted, small earrings for female staff.
Take a bath daily.
Brush your teeth daily and always wear a smile. Use breath freshener if necessary.
Teeth should be clean and the breath must be fresh. This can be achieved by cleaning the teeth regularly and visiting the dentist for check-ups on a regular basis.
Deodorant/eau de toilette cologne/aftershave may be used but not so much that it is offensive.
Earrings, beards and moustaches are forbidden for male staff.
Light cosmetics with colors that complement the uniform and skin tones may be worn. Lipstick of a suitable color must be worn at all times.
If make-up is worn it should be light and natural-looking. Avoid vivid colors, like bright blues or violets around the eyes, and make sure the blusher does not look too dramatic. Bright lipstick colors should also be avoided.
Be aware of your posture. Walk briskly with a straight back and do not lean on walls.
Never run in the lobby.
Check your appearance in a mirror in the locker rooms before going on duty.
Female hair length beyond the shoulder must be neatly tied/ bundled.
Men must have short well-combed hair which doesn’t extend below the collar or over the ears.
Avoid excessive use of hairsprays and gels, as they can make the hair look stiff and unnatural.
Do not use unnatural hair-colors e.g. green, blue, unnatural blond etc.
- Hotel IT Emergency Action plan or Contingency Plan Sample
- Checklist for selecting Online Booking System for Hotels
- Types of keys used in hotels for effective security
- Worldwide Hoteliers Forum - Rules and Regulations
- Types of Reports used in hotels
- Sample Standard Telephone welcome greetings used in Hotels
- Guest Services - Christmas and New Year Greetings for guests
- Choose Beds and Bed sizes - Hotels | Resorts | B&B | Lodge
Join us - Setupmyhotel.com
- food coasting
- You can use the below formula to calculate your...
- New Banquet Facility - Convention Centre
- That's great. What is your forecast food cost?
- Sample SPA Menu
- Checkout the attached SPA and saloon menu
- Night Audit process Opera
- Check out Night Audit / End of day process in...
- how to increase my hotel marketing And booking rat...
- Hi There..Check out this article which explains...
- Can I get SOP for F&B , front office for 5* hotels...
- Service Charge Calculation
- Can you please explain your exact requirement ?
- Reasons for Guest Returning to hotel
- I think the guest to return to a hotel. 1. good...