Job Description for Front office cashier in the hotels:
JOB DESCRIPTION: FRONT OFFICE CASHIER
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager / Chief Accountant
Posts revenue centre charges to guest accounts, Receives Payments from guest accounts at check-out. Coordinates the billing of credit card and direct-billed guest accounts with the accounting division. All guest accounts are balanced by the cashier at the close of each shift.
Front office cashiers assume responsibility for any cash used in processing front desk transactions. He / She normally entails answering guest inquiries regarding fees and services.
May also perform a variety of banking services for guests, Such as check cashing and foreign currency exchange.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates front office posting software.
- Obtains the house bank and keeps it balanced.
- Completes cashier pre-shift supply checklist.
- Completes guest check-in procedures.
- Clarifies customers question or concerns about the charges on their bills.
- Maintains adequate supplies of outlet stationery for cashiers.
- Assists with distribution of month end reports as directed by accounts or front office manager.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Maintains a track of all high balance guests.
- Check and follow up on all bills on hold.
- Check the billing instructions are correct for all expected departure guesta sns setup required auto routing or auto transfer on the PMS / Guest folio.
- Give on the Job training for new staffs.
- Follow up on all deposit dues / deposit to be paid.
- Post charges to guest accounts.
- Handles paid-outs.
- Transfer guest balances to other accounts as required.
- Cashes checks for guests following the approval policy.
- Completes guest check-out procedures.
- Settles guest accounts.
- Dispenses guest records after the guest checkout
- Handles cash, traveller's cheque, credit cards and direct billing requests properly.
- Posts non-guest ledger payments.
- Makes discount adjustments.
- Disperses guest record upon check-out.
- Balances department totals at the close of the shift.
- Balances cash at the close of the shift.
- Manages safe deposit boxes.
- Assists Front desk staff on check in as an when required.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Good presentation and team worker.
Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired, Experiance in operating hotel front office software.
- Banquet - Banquet Supervisor Job Description
- SOP - Housekeeping - Packing for Out of Order rooms
- Marketing Mix - Hotels | Resorts | Restaurants
- Tips for recruiting successful hotel sales staffs
- Servicing guest rooms with DND sign / Do not disturb lamp
- Hotel Sales and Marketing Organization Chart
- Optimizing hotel websites for maximum direct bookings and revenue
- SOP - Public Area - Cleaning Front office / Lobby Area