Job Description for Front Office cashier in the hotels
JOB DESCRIPTION: FRONT OFFICE CASHIER
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager / Chief Accountant
Posts revenue centre charges to guest accounts, Receives Payments from guest accounts at check-out. Coordinates the billing of credit card and direct-billed guest accounts with the accounting division. All guest accounts are balanced by the cashier at the close of each shift.
Front office cashiers assume responsibility for any cash used in processing front desk transactions. He / She normally entails answering guest inquiries regarding fees and services.
May also perform a variety of banking services for guests, Such as check cashing and foreign currency exchange.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operates front office posting software.
Obtains the house bank and keeps it balanced.
Completes cashier pre-shift supply checklist.
Completes guest check-in procedures.
Clarifies customers question or concerns about the charges on their bills.
Maintains adequate supplies of outlet stationery for cashiers.
Assists with distribution of month end reports as directed by accounts or front office manager.
Attends meetings as required.
Maintains a track of all high balance guests.
Check and follow up on all bills on hold.
Check the billing instructions are correct for all expected departure guesta sns setup required auto routing or auto transfer on the PMS / Guest folio.
Give on the Job training for new staffs.
Follow up on all deposit dues / deposit to be paid.
Post charges to guest accounts.
Transfer guest balances to other accounts as required.
Cashes checks for guests following the approval policy.
Completes guest check-out procedures.
Settles guest accounts.
Dispenses guest records after the guest checkout
Handles cash, traveller's cheque, credit cards and direct billing requests properly.
Posts non-guest ledger payments.
Makes discount adjustments.
Disperses guest record upon check-out.
Balances department totals at the close of the shift.
Balances cash at the close of the shift.
Manages safe deposit boxes.
Assists Front desk staff on check in as an when required.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Good presentation and team worker.
Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired, Experiance in operating hotel front office software.
- Hotel Marketing Plan and Marketing Cycle
- SOP - Front Office - On Queue or Wait Procedure
- How to Handle VIP and VVIP arrivals in hotels
- SOP - Reservations - Sold out booking enquiry
- SOP - Reservations - Amending or Modifying Reservations
- SOP - Reservations - Reservation holding time
- Front Desk - Wake up call Report
- SOP - Front Office - How to Handle Wakeup Calls
Join us - Setupmyhotel.com
- Training Materials
- Find Below links for Housekeeping Training...
- Offer for long term lease for budget hotel
- HiFirst of all, I would like to thank you the...
- Sample SPA Menu
- Check out SPA and Saloon menu on following link :...
- Hotel Lobby Music Recommendations
- Hi,Music plays an important role in the first...
- pre opening check list
- Hi Daba ,Check out the pre-opening check list...
- Business plan
- Hi,Check this some Hotel Business plan sample on...
- Tips for upselling rooms while reservation process...
- * During the reservation process the Reservation...
- Hi to all of you
- Hi Loren Welcome to the community ..